Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm curious

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » I'm curious 19 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Which MOBA will have the biggest community after several years.
1.Dota 2 2.LoL 3.Smite
1.Dota 2 2.Smite 3.LoL
1.LoL 2.Smite 3.Dota 2
1.LoL 2.Dota 2 3.Smite
1.Smite 2.Dota 2 3. LoL
1.Smite 2.LoL 3. Dota 2
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 2, 2015 11:55am | Report
Hello for people who don't know me. I'm Devampi from Smitefire and also show a bit of activity on dotafire I do play all of the 3 games. Now that the small introduction is out of the way let's get to the point of this thread. I'm very curious what the people of moba- dota and smitefire think which of these 3 games in which other will have the biggest amount of unique players over several years. And know why you guys think that this would be the order of biggest amount of players

I hope many of you understand that I don't want people getting in the famous Dota vs LoL war.

Also here is my own opinion on my questions:
I'm going with 1.smite 2.LoL 3. Dota 2

why well because imo smite has the biggest potential on growing a big community with their xbone support (and it will maybe even grow to the ps). this is the reason I think smite can overgrow LoL.

well LoL is second because it's more known And it's IMO easier to learn then Dota. but this was a hard choice because I don't know what the effect of the new Dota 2 engine will have on the growth of Dota 2

why Dota so low well as stated by LoL it's harder to learn for most people (steeper learning curve). still as said there the dota reborn. and with those custom game modes it's not clear how hard it will grow.

So yeah that's my take on my question so how do you guys think over this question. I will probably post some sort of end result after several time (a week maybe 10 days idk yet)

note I'm posting this on all 3 forums so people who thought the introduction is weird here is why

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » August 2, 2015 12:25pm | Report
I 100% agree with you Devampi,

SMITE is gonna be the most popular since it's on multiple platforms, and (maybe) Hi-Rez has their eyes on launching a PS4 version ?

While LoL is the most known MOBA out there, it still gets lots of play, but new MOBA players will prob. have their atentions on SMITE, cuz it /looks/ easier.

DOTA 2 ... I don't know the numbers, so I'll put it in third.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 2, 2015 3:00pm | Report
While I feel that smite is still growing, I don't see it outpacing lol anytime soon. Maybe Dota with the console release, eventually.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 2, 2015 10:29pm | Report

DOTA 2 ... I don't know the numbers, so I'll put it in third.

well Dota 2 is atm at a ~11.5 million unique players a month.
So yeah unless HR isn't counting in unique players a month it is already pretty close.

EDIT: also yes I did overrate console support a lot with it being able to surpass LoL

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 7, 2015 1:26pm | Report
well the results nothing so shockingly as most people on all fires think it will stay the same.

as 2nd we do have a bit more fun as second on both moba and smite you have an even split of smite being 1st or 2nd over dota
onf dotafire people think sooner that dota will hit 1 with an almost even split between smite 2nd or LoL 2nd. mostly because of when moba start to fall off for most people dota will stay bigger because of reborn offering a lot more modes (and the ability to make a mode)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » August 7, 2015 11:05pm | Report
I think Smite. It has grown so fast and the devs are really working hard to keep it growing. A Conquest new map and a gorgeous new Arena map in only 6 months and the new Joust map is on the way, not to mention constant new gods and skins as well as (more or less inspired) balancing.

Being an another platform is also helping Smite's popularity grow even more as well as giving it the feeling of a properly done finished MMO.

More game modes, playable characters with personality and proper lore, much easier to learn, 1st person, better graphics and a very interacting with the players developing team.

Long story short, I can see it as the top MOBA in a few years, maybe not in terms as top championships prizes but more as in popularity and unique players.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 8, 2015 3:12am | Report
Romanians wrote:

More game modes, playable characters with personality and proper lore, much easier to learn, 1st person, better graphics

uhm well on game modes it's going to lose ground to dota as dota already has more game modes from the start but on the same map and play out a bit the same but with reborn the amount of game modes will skyrocket (in the beta you already have a lot of modes)

2nd point is something dota and LoL have too (dota maybe not so on the lore path but they boost more personality of having a ton of voicelines while doing certain things and normally also have interactions with at least 5-6 heroes when on ally side or on enemy side (and this can differ between both sides)

3rd point it's as easy to learn as LoL as Smite is in certain ways like LoL biggest difference is the 3rd person (your 4th point bit this is an correction) which give some differences into controls

5th point depends on which map IMO because for me the CQ map has been downgraded in graphics and also since season 2 lower graphics have been downgraded. Also doesn't low graphics come close to dota's low graphics. Mostly about how the god/hero looks not even the terrain. if we are going to take performance of the game into play for me I need to play smite on low. while dota runs on medium-high (textures-shadows). (meanwhile LoL has taken a more cartoonier look)

but yeah having a console port has the possibility to make the game the biggest. (and the reason I see it overtake at least dota in 1-2 years time)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 8, 2015 4:00am | Report
screens
dotofire

mobofire

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 8, 2015 4:51am | Report
Romanians wrote:

I think Smite. It has grown so fast and the devs are really working hard to keep it growing. A Conquest new map and a gorgeous new Arena map in only 6 months and the new Joust map is on the way, not to mention constant new gods and skins as well as (more or less inspired) balancing.

Being an another platform is also helping Smite's popularity grow even more as well as giving it the feeling of a properly done finished MMO.

More game modes, playable characters with personality and proper lore, much easier to learn, 1st person, better graphics and a very interacting with the players developing team.

Long story short, I can see it as the top MOBA in a few years, maybe not in terms as top championships prizes but more as in popularity and unique players.

*vomits*

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 8, 2015 8:54am | Report
Should add in HotS and maybe Gigantic as well. HotS players are rising quickly cause of Blizzard. Gigantic might take time since its still in closed alpha but its coming out on Xbox as well just like Smite. They're both loads of fun.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }