Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Signature request :) !!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Signatures & Artwork » Signature request :) !!! 148 posts - page 13 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » June 17, 2014 12:08am | Report
Hi FerrumSlash and others!

For what I've seen your works they are indeed a good start. Some little tweaks could be made though to make them look better.

BORDERS
I can't tell you how much better borders usually make the signature. It covers all the mess you've made near the edges and it adds some "finalizing touch" to the work. Ask if you don't know how to make borders.

Blending the renders
If you are adding renders to a background you usually want to make sure that they have matching style or colour scheme. If neither, you need to edit one. Using filters (Cold and warm filters) you can already make it look 50% better.

Text finalizing
Try using clipping masks or use this tool to pick colours matching the current colour scheme. Add a shadow for the text layer because otherwise it looks like it was just printed over the image.

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 17, 2014 6:45am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Hi FerrumSlash and others!

For what I've seen your works they are indeed a good start. Some little tweaks could be made though to make them look better.

BORDERS
I can't tell you how much better borders usually make the signature. It covers all the mess you've made near the edges and it adds some "finalizing touch" to the work. Ask if you don't know how to make borders.

Blending the renders
If you are adding renders to a background you usually want to make sure that they have matching style or colour scheme. If neither, you need to edit one. Using filters (Cold and warm filters) you can already make it look 50% better.

Text finalizing
Try using clipping masks or use this tool to pick colours matching the current colour scheme. Add a shadow for the text layer because otherwise it looks like it was just printed over the image.

Eheheh, noted. Thanks for the input. I don't actually use Photoshop though. I'm more of a Paint.net or GIMP user.

IpXarie wrote:

If you have the time may you make me one? (If its a yes) He Bro, Dark Lord Sun Wukong, Soul Taker Hades, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Ms. Diagnosis Neith. For the background use https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10353406_753438784676220_1546541064184762141_o.jpg - If you can. I would like this to be displayed - IpXarie: Once Again. Btw if you can do this thank you so very much.

Will it be a signature, banner, or something else?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » June 17, 2014 7:08am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Eheheh, noted. Thanks for the input. I don't actually use Photoshop though. I'm more of a Paint.net or GIMP user.

You can add clipping masks, warmth filters and text finalizing effects on Gimp, too. (Borders can be made pretty easily.)

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IpXarie » June 17, 2014 11:12pm | Report
IpXarie wrote:

If you have the time may you make me one? (If its a yes) He Bro, Dark Lord Sun Wukong, Soul Taker Hades, Slaughterhouse Chaac, Ms. Diagnosis Neith. For the background use https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10353406_753438784676220_1546541064184762141_o.jpg - If you can. I would like this to be displayed - IpXarie: Once Again. Btw if you can do this thank you so very much.

Will it be a signature, banner, or something else?
[/quote]

Hi Ferrum if you can I would like it to be a signature, and then if you can, maybe a youtube channel art banner if possible (If you need help doing the Youtube Channel Art 1 if you can that is) - Link For Help. - And this is my current channel art (For reference) Current channel art link.
Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/XZZgy8

IpXarie

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 18, 2014 12:39am | Report
I see. I can certainly try :)

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IpXarie » June 19, 2014 2:12am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

I see. I can certainly try :)

Thank you so very much, and ik I am asking for a lot but if you can do this thank you so very much :)
Youtube channel: http://bit.ly/XZZgy8

IpXarie

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » June 19, 2014 3:40am | Report
Any chance I could get one, I would like a blackwidow Arachne and graveyard Anubis facing the name Mordo in possible Gothic writing?

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 19, 2014 4:10am | Report
Mordo wrote:

Any chance I could get one, I would like a blackwidow Arachne and graveyard Anubis facing the name Mordo in possible Gothic writing?

Sure thing. I'll finish IpXarie's sig and channel art then i'll start doing yours.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » June 19, 2014 4:34am | Report
Thank you b ^_^ d

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 19, 2014 4:56am | Report
IpXarie, here's your finished sig. Hope you like it.

As for the channel art, i'm currently looking at the template and your old channel art as reference.
Well, for now, enjoy your sig.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }