Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm curious

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » I'm curious 19 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Which MOBA will have the biggest community after several years.
1.Dota 2 2.LoL 3.Smite
1.Dota 2 2.Smite 3.LoL
1.LoL 2.Smite 3.Dota 2
1.LoL 2.Dota 2 3.Smite
1.Smite 2.Dota 2 3. LoL
1.Smite 2.LoL 3. Dota 2
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 9, 2015 4:09am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Should add in HotS and maybe Gigantic as well. HotS players are rising quickly cause of Blizzard. Gigantic might take time since its still in closed alpha but its coming out on Xbox as well just like Smite. They're both loads of fun.

Hots was my plan but then I would have needed to make an lot longer poll. Still looking to the comments according to dotafire smite would be the last one.

Gigantic isn't out yet and I don't even know if dota or mobafire knows much about it. also imo doesn't it have an original moba setup more a dominion like setup

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 11, 2015 11:49am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

*vomits*

For once in my life I actually agree with Sub (FeelsBadMan), but I do not think Smite will ever compete with Dota 2, maaaaaybe LOL if more and more ppl go over to DOTA. But I don't think Smite will ever beat any of them (even when counting Xbox). And what if Blizzard decides to just focus a tiny bit on HOTS then its probably going to be DOTA/HOTS - LOL - Smite :P

Hope to be wrong of course and that Hi Rez becomes the new Blizzard with Smite as their flagship Kreygasm!!!!

#Dreams
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » August 11, 2015 2:22pm | Report

For once in my life I actually agree with Sub (FeelsBadMan), but I do not think Smite will ever compete with Dota 2, maaaaaybe LOL if more and more ppl go over to DOTA. But I don't think Smite will ever beat any of them (even when counting Xbox). And what if Blizzard decides to just focus a tiny bit on HOTS then its probably going to be DOTA/HOTS - LOL - Smite :P

Hope to be wrong of course and that Hi Rez becomes the new Blizzard with Smite as their flagship Kreygasm!!!!

#Dreams

Blizzard will probably focus on either reviving WoW or HoTS.

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 11, 2015 4:47pm | Report
Yeaaah I don't think Smite will be getting close to LoL or Dota for a while...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Anarchy5partan » March 17, 2016 7:48am | Report
I think it will take a lot to ever overcome LoL. But I can definitely see Smite getting larger than Dota. I feel like Dota's growth has slowed down quite a bit. And Smite is taking off more than ever. Considering the fact it is also available on Xbox, it adds a large group of people to play it that LoL and Dota don't have. This is where I see Smite's advantage. If it continues to grow on this rate long enough. It will beat Dota, and has a fair chance of moving past LoL. I think it would take a lot more "advertisement". In the way of streamers and youtubers playing this game, and getting it out there. Once I see Smite in the top 2 rows of Twitch, then I will believe it's on it's way to the top.
~ Fabulous

Anarchy5partan

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 17, 2016 3:20pm | Report
This thread is pretty old XD. Smite has the potential to outgrow all moba's as it's the widest available moba cause hitting xbox and ps4 too. That's theoretical tho. Practically LoL is way to big.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » March 17, 2016 4:50pm | Report
Theres really not much variety to Smite really. Same *** maps. Same characters. Same builds. Same everything. Ive been playing a lot less lately actually. I havent been on Smitefire for a few days.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 17, 2016 5:16pm | Report
Sounds like Game Depression.

YOU are the one to make things fun. Not the game. I mean look at Skate 3. That game ****ing sucked and glitched everywhere but YouTubers found it fun for entertainment and it went back to the shelves to sell.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 18, 2016 7:14am | Report
iReauxbot wrote:

Theres really not much variety to Smite really. Same *** maps. Same characters. Same builds. Same everything. Ive been playing a lot less lately actually. I havent been on Smitefire for a few days.

Gonna agree a bit with ggf here. Almost every MOBA will hit this problem after a while. the big patches can keep something fresh for a small while but not forever.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }