Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which gods should I play?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Which gods should I play? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MoneyDiddler » September 15, 2024 2:25pm | Report
I just joined Smite recently and have only played around a little. I would like to know which gods would be perfect for my play style. I have played around with Thanatos, Nemesis, Kali, and Camazotz but none of them have REALLY clicked with me. I personally like fast paced characters that build damage onto the opponent, but would also like some more health than a typical assassin. I do not really care about overpowering the opponents, but would like to deliver enough blows to let the team win. Being able to jungle would also be great.

MoneyDiddler

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 16, 2024 9:37am | Report
Hi Diddler,

So it might be difficult to understand exactly what kind of god or playstyle you have in mind. You've listed 4 gods, all Assassins. 2 of those are usually built pure ability-based, while Nemesis is sort of hybrid and Kali is full basic-attack. So in terms of attack style, you've sort of covered those styles. I'm not sure what you mean by "build damage onto the opponent" so if you could elaborate on that it would help. Do you mean consistently apply further damage? Then a god that's a bit more basic attack function would be best, but maybe Kali isn't the one for you. Other Assassins that focus specifically on basics include Arachne and Bakasura, while gods sort of in the hybrid (can go either way or build a bit for both functions) include Nem as mentioned earlier, Mercury, Ne Zha, Ravana and Set. If you want the Assassin feel but don't mind going magical, then you can expand to include Ao Kuang and Maman Brigitte.

You also talk about having more health than a typical Assassin. That's up to you and your build, if you want to include items that give you health, or you could also consider some Warriors as they will have higher base health than Assassins. In a Jungle setting, you could consider Achilles or Erlang Shen to start.

If you can give some specific examples or more explanation about what it is you are looking for, we can potentially guide you further.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (399)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MoneyDiddler » September 17, 2024 3:01am | Report
Thank you Branmuffin17. What I meant by building damage is that I came from playing games that usually have ways of placing a counter or something that steadily helps drain the opponent's attack or hp. It is kind of like a poison effect now that I think about it. So, yeah. I would prefer a quicker play style with damage over time. Again, thank you for the recommendations.

MoneyDiddler

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 17, 2024 9:37am | Report
Alright, there are gods and items that will provide a bit of that damage over time function.
  • Arachne as mentioned previously is an Assassin with a basic attack focus. Her 1st ability has a bleed effect (and provides a heal so is sort of equivalent to having more health), and her 3 shoots a web that is either activated immediately upon hitting an enemy god, or if untouched by an enemy will persist, which can block jungle pathways. When it's activated, 2 tiny spiders emerge and will deal damage for a time or until killed, so in effect like another damage over time ability, though situational.

• You might give Camazotz another try. While he doesn't have a bleed, he has a ton of healing in his kit. They're mostly small in his 2nd and 3rd abilities, but also in situational passives can have a very functional effect. If you build the Soul Eater item which synergizes well with ability kits, that will provide additional healing in all damage he deals.

• Bastet has a DoT in her 2 which is very easy to hit. Like Arachne, she also has a pet in her 3 that can deal additional damage.

• Da Ji has a DoT in her 1.

• You already tried Kali but she does have a bleed in her 2, which also grants her additional lifesteal.

• Serqet can be played full damage or tanky. She has a bleed in her ultimate.

• For items, the only item Assassins can use that provides a DoT effect is The Crusher, whose bonus damage applies upon hitting abilities. That said, there are a few items that provide bonus damage given specific situations, and these include items like Qin's Sais, Heartseeker, Duality, Flameforged Hammer, Manikin Scepter, Manikin Mace, Manikin Hidden Blade, Animosity and Sundering Axe.
Hope this list helps your consideration.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (399)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }